Monday 31 May 2010

USMLE STEP 1 STUDY AND JOURNEY BEGINS TODAY




I'll start my USMLE (United States Medical Licensing Examination) step 1 study on June 1st, 2010. I should have started 3 months ago but kind of kept procastinating. Silly I know. I'm looking to take the exam in November. That should be enough time to study. I just finished school in February so don't have any distractions. I'm finalising my study timetable. Wish me luck. Hopefully take Step 2 CS in January 2011, and step 2 CK in May 2011. And see if I can take step 3 by August or September 2011. Apply in September 2011 for the 2012 Residency match. Start a 1 year online or campus MPH(Masters in Public Health) in August or September 2011 and finish it in june 2012, on time before Residency starts. Got an offer in a canadian university for MPH with a reasonable tuition fee, for september 2010, but have to focus on writing the USMLE first. Thats my first priority. Will defer the admission for next year, the only thing that sucks is its a 2 years program and full time, no distance learning options. O well, USMLE first. Its good to plan ahead of time and have a schedule, so by God's grace I'll achieve all these within the time frames. Once again wish me luck. :) Let the crazy studying begin. I'll pop in here to write on my progress. Married to my first aid. Feel free to leave comments and any fellow exam takers are welcome.

4 comments:

Janyl Benyl said...

Goodluck on the USMLE and I hope you match too!
Maybe we might meet in canada, cos thats where I intend to do my masters too and that will be next two years cos I'll be done next year.

WeirdGurl said...

Aww thanks.
It will be cool if we meet in canada! :)
Goodluck with your upcoming exams.
I tried to post a comment on your blog post but wasn't able to. Check your settings, I thinks its not allowing new comments.
Thanks for stopping by. xoxo

Reynold said...

It would be great if you can provide more details about it. Thank you...
USMLE board exams

Emily Watson said...

Great wok admin! Thanks for this interesting post. USMLE Step 1 Exams